BOM Financial Assistance
Board of Ordained Ministry
Local Pastor’s Licensing School
- The Board shall provide all but $325 for expenses for room and board for each student attending the Arkansas Conference Licensing School. Books are provided. All funds are subject to successfully completing and passing all the classes.
Course of Study
Financial assistant is based on need and the availability of funds.
- 50% of tuition, normal fees, room and board for full or part-time students in the basic Course of Study.
- 100% of tuition for courses taken in the Arkansas Course of Study School available for part-time local pastors.
- 50% reimbursement of tuition for those who successfully complete correspondence courses (not to exceed 4 courses).
- The Board provides assistance only once for each of the 20 courses required in the Basic Course of Study Program.
Seminary Financial Aid – Basic Seminary Degree Program
- Financial assistance is in the form of a “service loan” to be reimbursed in service. To be eligible the student must be a certified candidate, enrolled in a seminary approved by the University Senate, and is not a recipient of the United Methodist Foundation Scholarship. Any course where the person does not receive a passing grade shall be refunded to the Board. Up to 40% of tuition may be provided per term with the annual amount not to exceed $5,000 per student.
- Seminary Loan Application - Send completed application to your District Office
- Grants for United Methodist History, Doctrine, and Polity Courses shall not exceed 50% of the tuition cost.
United Methodist Foundation of AR Seminary Scholarship
- Any certified candidate is eligible to apply for the full-expense scholarship from the funds held in the United Methodist Foundation. This student must be accepted in a United Methodist Seminary as a full-time student. Applications are due March 1. An interview-selection team shall make the determination of the awarding of this scholarship. Two years of service per year of scholarship received is expected in the Arkansas Conference. Send Arkansas United Methodist Scholarship Grant for Seminary Students Application to BOM Secretary.
Graduate Theological Studies
- Persons who have completed the basic course of study may desire to become provisional members by the alternate route (see ¶324.6). They must complete the 32 hours of graduate theological studies, but only if approved by the Conference Board of Ordained Ministry prior to enrollment. Up to 50% of tuition, not to exceed $5,000 annually will be provided. Deacon candidates on the professional certificate route toward ordinate (see ¶324.5) will also receive up to 50% of tuition not to exceed $5,000 annually.
- Seminary students returning to Arkansas for interview with the Board will received up to 50% of actual cost of transportation.