Volunteers In Mission**ARCHIVED PAGE**
Volunteers in Mission are committed to Christian mission and outreach by proclaiming, serving and witnessing in love the gospel of Jesus Christ though hands-on mission work projects to persons in need throughout the world.
Haiti Earthquake Mission Trips - We are working with UMCOR and our jurisdictional VIM to coordinate future mission trips to Haiti as soon as conditions are such that we can ensure the safety of our volunteers as well as providing for their basic needs while in the ground. If you would like to join a mission trip to Haiti, please register on UMCOR's National database.
Volunteers In Mission Teams & Dates
This Volunteer in Mission listing includes mission opportunities offered by local churches and districts. Often there are openings on these mission trips and room for additional volunteers from elsewhere to join the team. For more information on any of these projects, contact the individuals listed or Don Weeks, Arkansas Area Volunteers in Mission Coordinator, 18 Montagne Ct, Little Rock, AR 72223. 501.681-2909; firstname.lastname@example.org
2011 In-State Mission Opportunities
- This Olde Church - Mission teams are needed now for in-state mission trips. Teams will repair and restore local Arkansas United Methodist Churches. Tasks to include painting, weather proofing, general repairs, landscaping and other duties as teams are able. Teams will not do roofing, plumbing or electrical work.
Any church can apply to their district superintendent for a VIM team to come to their church. Churches are asked to provide housing and showers and help prepare meals (teams will supply their food, materials, tools and labor.
Brochure | Application
Current This Olde Church Requests:
- FUMC DeQueen. Contact Rev. David Williams, 870.784.4427
- St. James UMC, Lonoke. Contact Rev. David Scruggs, 501.676.7575
- North Pulaski UMC, Jacksonville, Contact Rev. Carole Goddard, 501.835.1368
- Earle UMC, Contact Rev. Jim Wilson, 870.792.7314
- West Helena UMC, Contact Pete Smart, 870.572.3572
- Elaine UMC, John Wildberger, 870.827.3248
- Mount Eagle Christian Center Clean-up: there is still a large amount of downed trees and debris from the ice storm earlier this year. Individuals are needed to clear debris and cut broken limbs, etc. Contact Don Weeks, email@example.com, 501.681.2909 or Lu Harding, firstname.lastname@example.org, 501.723.4580.
- Wesley Foundation, UALR: Help needed with general maintenance, clean-up, painting, etc. Contact Rev. Maxine Allen, email@example.com, 501.663.1153 office or 501.539.0280 cell.
2011 Out-of-State Mission Opportunities
- Sager Brown
- UMCOR - United Methodist Committee on Relief
- General Board of Global Ministries - Volunteers In Mission
- NOMADS On A Mission Active in Divine Service